It’s the morning of day 2 at the Reinventing Business Hackathon in San Francisco.
Do you want to reconnect business with society’s needs? Do you believe in the power of technology to unlock the human potential inside organizations? Do you want to enable companies and the people within them to make better decisions and have a positive impact on our world?
We’re challenging creative minds in design, technology, business, and academia to build a more human and truly social enterprise. Join us for an interdisciplinary hackathon to develop products, services, and tools that transform business from within.
My team is working on a web app to measure and report employee happiness and stress level. The big picture is that organizations focus on what they can measure. I’ll explain the app it in a minute.
We need your help.
We’re presenting the concept about five hours from now. The judges (we’re competing with 18 other teams) want external validation, i.e. your opinion of whether this will fly. Please give me your opinion in a comment to this post or by emailing me.
- Will the app help improve the shortcomings of business today:?
- Will this have a positive impact on the way businesses collaborate internally?
- Will people use this? Might it go viral?
- Would your organization use it?
- Any suggestions for improvement?
In version 1.0, an employee rates her happiness and stress level at work once a day. She can also comment on likes or gripes at work.
Everyone’s input is aggregated by company (based on company email address) to produce a company-by-company comparison that’s available for all to see.
We expect companies will want to take this technology in-house. Employee responses will be kept confidential; only aggregate data will be reported.
The in-house version will generate reports by division (for senior management radar) and work group (to give dynamic feedback to coaches and supervisors).
Also, the in-house version can incorporate:
- ability to give strokes and step-up advice to peers
- receive 360 feedback from peers
- like/dislike = dynamic suggestions box
- customer feedback scores
- self-ratings of attainment of aspirations
- reflection on use of VIA motivated strengths
Do it now
Will this work? Please note your role in your answer so we can incorporate it into our presentation.